Cherry Tree Cottage
A luxurious converted barn sleeping 6 people
“What a gorgeous, peaceful place. We felt so welcome & the children have enjoyed the freedom, feeding the animals and collecting the eggs – we only wish we could have stayed longer”
Was first a haybarn and stable but is now a warm, spacious, family friendly cottage with lovely views across our quiet farmyard to the hills beyond.
We have taken great care to preserve the cottage’s individual privacy and character with soaring oaks beams and modern comfort. The cottage is graded 4-stars by EnjoyEngland.
Cherry Tree has:
- 3 pretty bedrooms sleeping 6 plus cot;
- 1 king-size double bedroom with washbasin, 1 twin bedded, 1 set children’s bunks
- Log fire in cosy sitting room with TV, DVD, CD player.
- Separate sunny dining room with extra seating by the picture window
- Fully fitted, excellently equipped modern kitchen with dishwasher and fridge/freezer
- Upstairs bathroom and downstairs shower room - both with washbasin and WC.
- Full gas-fired central heating
- Free WiFi
- Prices include electricity, central heating and generous quantities of logs and coal; all bedlinen, bath and hand towels, complementary toiletries, soaps and toilet rolls.
There will be flowers to welcome you and a tea tray set ready with assorted teas, coffee and milk for you to enjoy while you unpack.
Well behaved dogs are welcome - with a charge of £10 per dog.
Great cottage – so well equipped and a peaceful, homely place to return to every day and views, views, views!!!”
Outside the cottage is:
- A shared laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- A games room with table tennis
- Brushes for cleaning boots
- A secure locked room for cycle storage
- Ample safe parking:
- We ask our guests to unload their luggage outside Cherry Tree and then park their vehicles 50 yards from the door within sight of the cottage in specially reserved places.
- A sunny raised patio with BBQ and garden furniture at the rear of the cottage
- Wonderful walks from your door over the beautiful Peak District hills.
Children are especially catered for with cots, high chairs, stair gates, fireguards, and a bedguard for the lower bunk bed to keep your children safe.
While you unpack there are toys and games to keep them busy, also jigsaw puzzles and books for those quiet moments.
Outside we have our grandchildren’s shared trampoline and swings within sight of the cottage and we keep the farmyard quiet and safe so that your children can play out in safety.
They will enjoy seeing sheep in the fields all around and maybe even feed an orphan lamb at lambing time in April and early May.
We live just across the farmyard should you need advice or help.
After 28 years of sending our guests home relaxed and happy after their stay here, we know that this is a very special place where you can recharge your batteries and leave all the stresses of your busy lives behind you.
Since 1560 when the Old House was built and Cherry Tree was added in 1680 there have only been 3 owners of the farm, which says it all really! We love to share our beautiful surroundings with our guests and we live on site so are here to help whenever needed.
Some visitors comments:
“Thank you for the kindness and warm welcome- we had a wonderful time”
“Beautiful sunsets and very starry nights”
“Everything we wanted in the cottage – loved the log fires every night”
“The children loved the freedom of the farmyard and Michael enjoyed playing table tennis every day and was the champion of the family tournament”
“This cottage is glorious, it’s a real home from home, the air is sweet, the days and nights are peaceful and we have really enjoyed a wonderful week!”
See our video ...
Cherry Tree Cottage
Cherry Tree cottage
Cherry Tree cottage dining room
An excellently equipped kitchen
A roaring fire in the lounge
The master bedroom with washbasin
Cherry Tree Cottage features